Intro


posted by ahmongamericanfairytale on , , , ,

2 comments

A Hmong Fairy Tale…in the making


Nyob Zoo (Hello)! My name is GaoNhia and I am a Hmong-American woman seeking her own fairy tale story with a happily ever after.  

Do happily ever after exist? Yes, I believe it does. Ever since I was a little girl, I dreamed of my prince charming. He would be tall, dark, and handsome. I believe in finding one’s true love and it took me exactly 18 years to find him. Yes, he is indeed tall, dark, incredibly handsome, and he is my prince charming.

The harsh reality is that fairy tales sometimes doesn’t end when you’ve found your true love. The story continues. There’s always a new chapter, epilogue or sequel. I’ve found this to be true for me. When I found my prince charming and we got married, I thought, YEAH, it’s going to be a happy ending. It’s not.

What happens when your castle is actually a small apartment, prince charming is unemployed, you encounter demons and dragons, and there is no gold?    

Finding your true love doesn’t guarantee that you’re going to be happy or that everything is going to fall into place right away. It takes time, perseverance, love, and lots of patience.

My fairy tale didn’t end when I met my prince charming; it was the beginning of a new chapter. So, I have come to realize that if I was going to have my fairy tale, I’m going to have to work at it. What I have found is that happiness is in the here and now. That’s how you keep your fairy tale going with happy endings happening every day. Like I said above, fairy tales don’t end, there’s always a new chapter, epilogue or a sequel.

So, I’m going to use my blog is an outlet for me to express my thoughts, feelings, and opinions.  A place where I can share what I’m doing in life that makes me happy, what my husband and I are doing to keep our love alive, and other miscellaneous things that will contribute to my fairy tale in the making.   

This is my first blog post. It’s more of an introduction and it is little repetitive of what is on my “About” page, so I am sorry about that. But it’s a start for me in the blogging world.  

Ua tsaug (thank you) for reading my first blog post. I’m new at this so I welcome support, comments and suggestions and if you happen to have fairy dust, I can definitely use some of that! ^_^

My prince charming & Me

2 comments

Leave a Reply